Sunday, September 27, 2009

On the Day I Got My Brother's Report Card

"Still into wrestling?"
Asked she of the rattlesnake passion.
My shirt answered with the man,
Decorated in historical gold.
But that son of a gun,
Excellent in working,
Would attend her clinic,
Certified for slaying of deadly fishes.

"Why not [along Katipunan]?"
Inquired he who was called Jun.
Indeed wealth would pour
Like blood in an AP account
But I, a neighbor of the Eagles,
Am driven by a traditional debt.
I believe the value is consistent
With those in his blue-coded subject.

And the value was invoked
As I passed Mariano's room.
"If you'll be here, so will I,"
Her Silang-strong words proclaimed.
Is it nothing more than foolish nostalgia,
This circular, winding road I am taking?
My heart tells me to bring my best
To the birthplace of DJ-Kezon.

Before I fought, I flew.
May the sea welcome me back when I pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment